Saturday, July 11, 2015

Week #28 - Ode to Bead Caps

This week has been a little cray-cray for me.  Haven't really felt myself and really haven't felt the urge to make jewelry so this week's installment is a pair that I made a few weeks ago, but made some others I liked more - so these got pushed back a bit.  =)

After intentionally making 28 pairs of earrings, and looking all over for inspiration, something I noticed in other people's work - but not mine - was bead caps.  Those little things that can add a little pizzazz, when used right or can make you go "huh?" when used wrong.  I've been kinda scared of them, mostly because I felt like each time I used them.....it was "huh? that looks awful. remove"  In the interest of the Year project, I know that this is something I need to get comfortable with and stretch myself in to using.  As a friend said "bead caps can make pieces that are "pretty" in to "pretty AMAZING"" So, here's my first - intentional attempt at using bead caps.  (Yes, I used them in the gushers earrings - but that was more of a trial and error) 

Would love to hear your thoughts!  Cute little, hot pink glass rounds with bright silver bead caps on top and bottom - accented with silver daisies and a silver ball at the top.




Catch the next pair of earrings - as they too - will be using bead caps.  Mixed bright and antique silver - oooooooooo!


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
To be sure you don’t miss out on any of my crazy adventures, you can sign up to follow my blog by email or news servers using the links in the right column of my page. You can also follow me on Facebook get updates about blog posts, my latest jewelry designs, show schedule, and other happenings!
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

1 comment:

  1. Don't fear the bead caps, Linda! :) Thanks for playing along with me!

    http://sjdesignsjewelry.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete