Thursday, February 5, 2015

Week #5 - Battered and Bruised

So this week has been a toughie for me.  It started 2 weeks ago, mentioning to a doc that I had a lump.  Within minutes, words like 'Cat Scan', 'Surgeon' and 'We'll get you in to see a doc sooner rather than later' were being thrown around.  I had an ultrasound which showed a mass in a lymph node under my jaw bone.   I had a biopsy done ....6 needles went into my face.  6! After a scary week of waiting for word - I AM cancer free! 

After getting through all that, I was preparing for a show this last weekend - my first of the year and while loading the car, took a MAJOR fall. Thankfully, I don't think I'm broken, but almost a week later and I still can't walk without a marked limp.  Add on to that the Build a Line challenge, matching partners for the Swap N Hop AND doing the weekly earring project.....I'm STRESSED OUT!  

This week's earrings are a reflection of my week - a little chaotic with plenty of bruises in a plethora of shapes all over my body.  LOL!  I think they reflect it well. 


It's been a cray-cray week, but I'm kinda loving these little gems which feature, of course, Swarovski crystals. =)

I'm also excited because I ordered some fun new tools that will help me move my earring designs forward, and I'm quite excited to put them in to action!

Until next week!

7 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm so glad about your test results! I really hope you will get better from that fall soon and overcome the stress. The earrings are beautiful - chaotic, may be, but also very bright and optimistic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great results and perfect earrings for a celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG. I hope it all turned out ok!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG. I hope it all turned out ok!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad that the results came back negative! And those are the perfect earrings for your week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a scary thing to go through! I'm so glad that the tests came back ok. Those earrings are so bright and fun... just what we need in the middle of this blah MN weather right now. Thanks for playing along with me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad your test results were good!
    Love your bright fun earrings!

    ReplyDelete